Continuing Education Credits (CEs / / CEUs / Clock Hours / Contact Hours) will be awarded to: Nurses, Social Workers, Case Managers, Nursing Home Administrators and Clergy who attend the entire presentation and complete an evaluation of the The Best Care Possible program. The program is geared toward the health care community, is open to the public and is appropriate for all practice levels (applications pending approval).
Nurses NorthStar Institute is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Application pending approval.
Social Workers: Core Learning, Inc. is an approved provider with the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative. Approved provider number: MICEC-0067. This program is approved for 5.0 CE Clock Hours. All approved hours for this program will be general CE Clock Hours. For continuing education questions or grievances, please contact Core Learning, Inc. at 248-933-2673 or email@example.com..
Case Managers: This program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board certified case managers. The course is approved for 5.0 CE contact hour(s). Activity code: S00035984. Approval Number: 190000511.
Nursing Home Administrators: This program is approved by the Michigan Board of Nursing Home Administrators. Approval # 4891900004.
Clergy: This program is approved by the Association of Professional Chaplains.
There is no conflict of interest (COI) for planners, presenters, faculty, authors, and content reviewers.
For ADA accommodations, contact Keith Armbruster at Congregation Shaarey Zedek at 248-357-5544.
2019 Shenkman-Weisberg Caring Coalition Conference Planning Committee
- Stephanie Appel – Core Learning, Inc.
- Peg Nelson Bander – St. Joseph Mercy Health System
- Alissa Burnett – Novi Lakes Health Campus
- Marilyn Begle – Beaumont Home Health Services
- Hope Dudek – Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care
- Deb Frantz- – Michigan Community VNA
- Rabbi Bunny Freedman – JHCN
- Michael Haines – JHCN
- Madeline Heierman – Westlake Health Campus
- Oren Jackson – Reverence Hospice
- Rabbi Joseph Krakoff – JHCN
- Megan LaCross – Hospice of Michigan
- Denise Lalka – Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care
- Angela Lasek – Henry Ford Hospice
- Christine Milliman – JHCN
- David Nantais – St. Joseph Mercy Health System
- Dr. Michael Paletta – Hospice of Michigan
- Gail Elliott Patricolo – Beaumont Integrative Medicine
- Barbara Roden – Senior Helpers
- Adriana Rus – Heart to Heart Hospice
- Natalie Rosenfield – JHCN
- Teri Sahn Silver – DMC Huron Valley Sinai Hospital
- Christopher Schmid – Hospice of Michigan
- Diane Schuch – NorthStar Institute
- Anne Sowinski, NorthStar Institute
- Trish Squellati – Michigan Community VNA
- Dr. Michael Stellini – DMC/Wayne State University
- Cheryl Weiss – JHCN
- Dr. Robert Zalensk – St. Joseph Mercy Health System