Continuing Education Credits (CEs / / CMEs / CEUs / Clock Hours / Contact Hours) will be awarded to: Nurses, Social Workers, Case Managers, Nursing Home Administrators and Clergy who attend the entire presentation and complete an evaluation of the The Best Care Possible program. The program is geared toward the health care community, is open to the public and is appropriate for all practice levels (applications pending approval).
Nurses NorthStar Institute is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. Application pending approval.
Social Workers: Core Learning, Inc. is an approved provider with the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative. Approved provider number: MICEC-0067. This program is pending approval for 5.0 CE Clock Hours. All approved hours for this program will be general CE Clock Hours. For continuing education questions or grievances, please contact Core Learning, Inc. at 248-933-2673 or email@example.com..
Physicians: STATEMENT OF ACCREDITATION: St. Joseph Mercy Oakland is accredited by the Michigan State Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. AMA/PRA DESIGNATION STATEMENT: St. Joseph Mercy Oakland designates this live activity for a maximum of 5.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Case Managers: This program is approved by the Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to Certified Case Managers (CCMs). Activity Code: S00030515. Approval #180000195.
Nursing Home Administrators: This program is approved by the Michigan Board of Nursing Home Administrators. Approval #489180003.
Clergy: This program is approved by the Association of Professional Chaplains.
There is no conflict of interest (COI) for planners, presenters, faculty, authors, and content reviewers.
For ADA accommodations, contact Keith Armbruster at Congregation Shaarey Zedek at 248-357-5544.
2018 Shenkman-Weisberg Caring Coalition Conference Planning Committee
- Stephanie Appel – Core Learning, Inc.
- Peg Nelson Bander – St. Joseph Mercy Health System
- Marilyn Begle – Beaumont Home Health Services
- Sally Boland – CorsoCare
- Alissa Burnett – Novi Lakes Health Campus
- Wendy Conlon – CorsoCare
- Corey Faulkner – Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care
- Dr. Jeffrey Forman – Jewish Hospice & Chaplaincy Network
- Rabbi Bunny Freedman – Jewish Hospice & Chaplaincy Network
- Michael Haines – Jewish Hospice & Chaplaincy Network
- Chuck Kelly – Henry Ford Health System
- Patti Koval – Reverence Home Health and Hospice
- Rabbi Joseph Krakoff – Jewish Hospice & Chaplaincy Network
- Shawndra Kunnath – Custom Hospice
- Megan LaCross – Hospice of Michigan
- Denise Lalka – Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care
- David Nantais – St. Joseph Mercy Health System
- Dr. Michael Paletta – Hospice of Michigan
- Gail Elliott Patricolo – Beaumont Integrative Medicine
- Dan Phillips – Westlake Health Campus
- John Pizzuti – Compassionate Care Hospice
- Barbara Roden – Senior Helpers
- Natalie Rosenfield – Jewish Hospice & Chaplaincy Network
- Roseanne Ruehlen – Reverence Home Health and Hospice
- Adriana Rus – Heart to Heart Hospice
- Diane Schuch – Hospice of Michigan/North Star Institute
- Teri Sahn-Silver – DMC Huron Valley Sinai Hospital
- Dr. Michael Stellini – DMC/Wayne State University/VA
- Justina Tilley – Henry Ford Hospital West Bloomfield
- Corey Walter – Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care
- Andrea Wedge – Regent Street
- Cheryl Weiss – Jewish Hospice & Chaplaincy Network
- Wendy Winkler – Hospice of Michigan/North Star Institute
- Dr. Robert Zalenski – St. Joseph Mercy Health System