Continuing Education Credits (CEs / CEUs / CMEs / Clock Hours / Contact Hours) will be awarded to: Nurses, Social Workers, Case Managers, Nursing Home Administrators, and Clergy who attend the entire presentation and complete an evaluation of the The Best Care Possible program. The program is geared toward the health care community, is open to the public and is appropriate for all practice levels.
Nurses: The NorthStar Institute is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Wisconsin Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. To earn nursing contact hours for this live activity, participants must attend 100% of the activity and complete an evaluation. There is no conflict of interest (COI) for any individual in a position to control the content of this education activity. NorthStar Institute is the provider of nursing contact hours for this activity in a joint-provider agreement with The Jewish Hospice & Chaplaincy Network and Hospice of Michigan Please contact email@example.com with questions or concerns..
Social Workers: This course is pending approval for 5.5 Social Work CE units by the Michigan Social Work Continuing Education Collaborative. Please contact the NorthStar Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
Case Managers: This program has been pre-approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification to provide continuing education credit to CCM® board-certified case managers. The course is approved for 5.0 CE contact hour(s). Activity Code: S00045771; Approval #: 210001139
Nursing Home Administrators: This program is approved by the Michigan Board of Nursing Home Administrators. Approval #489190111.
Clergy: This program has been designed as continuing education to enhance the professional knowledge and pastoral competency of chaplains certified through the Board of Chaplaincy Certification, an affiliate of the Association of Professional Chaplains.
Shenkman-Weisberg Caring Coalition Conference Planning Committee
- Stephanie Appel – Core Learning, Inc.
- Paul Bode – Premier Hospice and Visiting Nurse
- Alissa Burnett – Novi Lakes Health Campus
- Linda Caurdy-Bess – Beaumont Health
- Dr. Angela Chmielewski – Beaumont Health
- John Cochrane – Heart to Heart Hospice
- Rachel Derry – Northstar Institute
- Kelly Errer – Arbor Hospice
- Tammy Ford – Kindred Hospice
- Rabbi E.B. (Bunny) Freedman – JHCN
- Dr. Toni Glover – Oakland University School of Nursing
- Michael Haines – JHCN
- Rabbi Joseph Krakoff – JHCN
- Megan LaCross – Hospice of Michigan
- Angela Lasek – Henry Ford Hospice
- Karma Maxwell – Michigan Palliative & Hospice
- Christine Milliman – JHCN
- Karen Monts – Northstar Institute
- David Nantais – St. Joseph Mercy Health System
- Dr. Michael Paletta – Hospice of Michigan
- Jordan Peters – NorthStar Institute
- Dan Phillips – American House Senior Living Communities
- Barbara Roden – Senior Helpers
- Adriana Rus – Heart to Heart Hospice
- Natalie Rosenfield – JHCN
- Dr. Michael Stellini – Karmanos Cancer Center/Wayne State University
- Angela Vestrand – St. Joseph Mercy Health System
- Julie Wash – Family Centered Home Healthcare Care
- Cheryl Weiss – JHCN
- Vicki Welty – Michigan Community VNA
- Dr. Robert Zalenski – St. Joseph Mercy Health System